Wednesday, November 1, 2017



A FOREST NIGHT

Sometimes, the night is long. And in it, I feel like giving up. I wallow around in the dark of despair. No one knows the troubles I've seen. No one has ever cared for me.

It just so happens that the last two sentences are NOT true. Jesus knows the troubles I've seen! And Jesus has out-cared everyone else! What a friend we have in Jesus!

Then Jesus told his disciples a parable
to show them that they should always pray
and not give up.
Luke 18:1
The parable is about the persistent widow. She kept going to a judge seeking justice. Finally, he said he would see to it that she got justice, her persistence rewarded. Jesus assures us that God will bring justice to those who repeatedly cry out to Him. When God says he will do something, you can count on that.

Cast your cares on Him who looks at the heart. Continue expressing your heart-felt concerns and hurts. Don't give up. Explain how you feel. Keep committing to God what weighs heavy on your heart.
My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"
Psalm 42:3
The Bible is full of promises and rewards held for those who remain faithful and hopeful to the end. I remember my mother having this saying in her office...'No condition is permanent.' In time, things change and can be better. God is aware of tears and suffering. Hannah had prayed in bitterness of soul. She spent some time crying from being distraught. God saw and heard Hannah. Her mourning turned to joy!

I prayed for this child, and the LORD
has granted me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27
and
"There is no one holy like the LORD;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God."      
1 Samuel 2:2
Happy November and All Saints Day.
November 5th is the International Day of Prayer for our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ. Please remember them that are in bondage for their faith.

Sometimes, the night is long. But morning always comes. Keep trusting God with your cares and all you commit to Him in steadfast hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment