Sunday, July 1, 2018


PEACEFUL ROCK
It has been my way to love you, even though it has been your way to not love me.
From the words of Isaiah the prophet:

I carry you: I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry you, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

God tells me He will carry me, which is good news when I struggle with going on. He reminds me He has made. I think of creation and everything He has made. He is the Creator and the theory of evolution is only a poorly-devised, empty theory. It’s not truth. 

Also, I think of my hurt and troubles. He has made that which causes my hurt. There is a plan there, somewhere. He tells me He will bear. He can bear my hurt. He can carry and deliver me from my troubles. Knowing that restores my way to love even the one who does not love me. Praying holds me fast and secures me.

In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me, 
for you are my rock and my fortress.
Psalm 71: 1-3

God, who created the Heaven and the Earth and time itself, can carry me. I find that fantastic! It’s because He loves us. Oh how He loves you and me! I trust you know the Rock of Salvation. God gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to be our Savior.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation
for those who are in Christ Jesus,
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life
set me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2

Jesus, the Son of God, bore the iniquities of the world on the cross. By faith, believers are released from the bondage of sin. Why? Because this is the way God has done it. Oh, Freedom! Sin as white as snow! Faith equals freedom! And our Rock, Jesus, has prepared a place for us.

Not so for the faithless. No faith equals no freedom. I would encourage you to not end up in that sinking boat. Stay away from the blazing ship that sinks to Nethergloom. The party’s in Heaven, no matter what songs or verse have been written otherwise.

Peaceful Rock is an actual place around my parts of the woods. Well, kind of. The kids, my husband and I would stroll there and dip our hands and feet in the cool brook water from the rock’s edge. Dappled shade from the surrounding thick forest outlined our family outing. And at the center of it all was that rock, Peaceful Rock—where we sat protected from the troubles of the world. Faith equals JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment