Sunday, July 15, 2018

Seasons of Love

Greener than grass, sweeter than pink,
God meant the stars he made in a blink.
He’ll pick daffodils
upon Springy hills
and fill my gold tin to the brink!

Truer than blue, warmer than sun,
God meant the life he gives in his Son.
He’ll lead without fail
through Summer’s dark trail
and hurry my feet to a run!

Brighter than orange, richer than brown,
God meant the joy he vows to his own.
He’ll catch golden leaves
from Fall’s brilliant trees
and make a bouquet for my crown!

Whiter than snow, bolder than red,
God meant the words he truthfully said.
He’ll call a warm beam
by Winter’s cold stream
and melt the snowflakes on my head!

For I am convinced that
neither death nor life,
neither angels nor demons,
neither the present nor the future,
nor any powers,
neither height nor depth,
nor anything else in all creation,
will be able to separate us
from the love of God
that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38

No comments:

Post a Comment