Monday, June 15, 2020


THE FAITHFUL TRAIL

On the faithful trail, I’ll go,
where the ferns are thick and greening,
and the undergrowth goes up and down,
and the trees are often leaning.

Upon the trail, I’ll follow,
as I pass beneath the basswoods,
as I walk along the touch-me-nots,
and a patch of tangled dogwoods.

I’ll trust when at the gully,
where the woods are dark and deepest,
and cross along the cherry tree,
where the bank is slick and steepest.

At trail’s end, I’ll have rest,
in a special, hidden clearing—
in the grass, I’ll watch the passing clouds,
and the warblers I’ll be hearing!


I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20


THE FAITHFUL TRAIL

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
Hebrews 10:35

Confidence in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, will bring great reward. Years ago during the Passover, Jesus had willingly went to the cross for us. He bore our sin upon the tree. And now, we are forgiven. How beautiful and awesome that our sins are forgiven!

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
Philippians 3:18-19   

As we travel along life’s path, which can often be gnarly like the deep woods, we encounter enemies of the cross. The cross is foolishness to people whose minds are fixed on earthly things. They lack faith in Almighty God.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Hebrews 11:6

Seek Him on the trail of faith. Pray for help when stresses try to derail. Call upon God when distractions send us off the trail and into the tangled underbrush. God, the Heart Reader, knows the heart asking for guidance and drawing close to Him. He rewards those who seek Him! Wise men and women still seek Him.
   
And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
Luke 1:45

Mary, the mother of Jesus, had faith in God. She knew who rewards and lifts up. She knew the humble are exalted and the proud are brought down. Her soul praised God as she humbly served the Mighty One and became blessed of all women.

And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
Luke 2:38

Anna of Asher had faith in God. An old widow and prophetess, she spent a lot of time in the temple praying and waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem. Then, after many years, baby Jesus was brought to her. She was rewarded in her day and yet to come.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

I trust you are walking the faithful trail with an attitude of gratitude. Set your sights on the joys our Savior promises. Pray daily. And may you reap the rewards of a life lived trusting Jesus, hopeful with patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment