Thursday, July 1, 2021

PEACEFUL ROCK

I headed for a place I know,
not wanting any clock,
where my burdened ears can hear the flow,
resting well on Peaceful Rock.

By the brook, I’ll sit and close my eyes,
where the canopy is thick,
and contentment there I’ll realize,
as I hear the water skip.

I will sit for many hours there,
or at least what seems to be,
and I’ll hear the water sing His care,
of the love He has for me.

And my troubles will go down the way,
where the ravens tend to flock,
yet the perfect peace of God will stay,
trusting well on Peaceful Rock.


Come unto me, all ye that labour 
and are heavy laden, 
and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28 



PEACEFUL ROCK

And even to your old age, I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

God tells us in His Word precious promises to help us through our lives, through our struggles. He is the Creator. The theory of evolution is only a poorly-devised, empty theory based on human opinion.
 
He has made that which causes hurt, painful as that is. But, there must be a plan there, somewhere. He tells us He will bear. He can bear our hurt, and carry, and deliver us from our troubles. Knowing this helps restore our way to love even the ones who do not love us. Praying holds us fast and secures us.

In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust: let me never be put to confusion. Deliver me in thy righteousness, and cause me to escape: incline thine ear unto me, and save me. Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
Psalm 71: 1-3

God, who created Heaven, Earth and time itself, can carry us. He is awesome power in a small space...in our hearts! It’s because He loves us. Oh how He loves you and me! I trust you know the Rock of Salvation. I trust you know God gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to be our Savior. And I trust you know the Holy Spirit lives within the believer's heart.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2 

Jesus Christ, (Christ means 'The Anointed'), bore the iniquities of the world on the cross. By faith, believers are released from the bondage of sin. This is the way God has done it. This is the way God provides freedom. Sin becomes white as snow. Faith equals freedom.

It is not so for the faithless. No faith equals bondage. I would encourage you to not stay in that sinking boat. Be rescued from the blazing ship that sinks to Nethergloom. The shore is in Heaven. The pit is in Hell. These are not our words but God's. Words spoken from the Creator trump the words of those who were created.

The wise man built his house upon the Rock.
The foolish man built his house upon the sand.

Peaceful Rock is an actual place across from Veery Glade. I have been working on a middle grade novel and my main character starts her story from this rock. We have strolled there to dip our hands and feet in the cool brook water from the rock’s edge in dappled shade from the surrounding forest. At the center of a life trusting God is the foundation of Jesus, the Rock.

O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth forever. Praise ye the LORD.
Psalm 117:1-2

Keep your prayer life going, solid in the Rock, and thankful ever for God's great kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment