Tuesday, June 15, 2021

THE FAITHFUL TRAIL

On the faithful trail, I’ll go,
where the ferns are thick and greening,
and the undergrowth goes up and down,
and the trees are sometimes leaning.

But on the trail, I’ll follow,
as I pass beneath the basswoods,
as I walk along the touch-me-nots,
and a patch of tangled dogwoods.

I’ll trust when at the gully,
where the woods are dark and deepest,
and I’ll cross along the cherry tree,
where the bank is all the steepest.

At trail’s end, I’ll have rest
in a special, hidden clearing—
in the grass, I’ll watch the passing clouds,
and the warblers I’ll be hearing.
 

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20 


 

THE FAITHFUL TRAIL

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
Hebrews 10:35

Confidence in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, brings great reward. Years ago during Passover, Jesus willingly went to the cross for us. He bore our sin upon the tree. Now, we, the faithful, are forgiven. How awesome to have sins forgiven!

(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
Philippians 3:18-19

As we travel along life’s often gnarly path, like in the deep woods, we encounter enemies of the cross. The cross is foolishness to faith-lacking people whose minds are fixed on earthly things.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Hebrews 11:6

Seek Him in life. Pray for help when stresses try to derail. Call upon God when hurts send us off the trail and into the tangled underbrush. God, the Heart Reader, knows the heart asking for guidance and drawing close to Him. He rewards those who seek Him. Wise men and women still seek Him today in this generation.

And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
Luke 1:45

Mary, the mother of Jesus, knew who rewards and lifts up. She knew the humble are exalted and the proud are brought down. Her soul praised God as she humbly served the Mighty One and became blessed of all women.

And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.
Luke 2:38

Anna of Asher, an old widow and prophetess, spent a lot of time in the temple praying and waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem. Then, after many years, baby Jesus was brought to her. She was rewarded in her day and yet to come.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

May we keep walking the faithful trail.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 3:18

We know that creation is under the Creator’s rules. He who created rules. He who created has all authority in and over what He created. If one cannot believe the first sentence of the Bible, that same one, most likely, cannot believe much else.

And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.
Revelation 14:19

The Bible declares over and over again that judgment is coming. God will have His vengeance. It is His to avenge. The Creator will judge all hearts and deeds. Only those whose lawyer is Jesus, the only One who can save, will stand against merciless wrath.

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
Revelation 2:10

Go and cry in the ears of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; I remember thee, the kindness of thy youth, the love of thine espousals, when thou wentest after me in the wilderness, in a land that was not sown.
Jeremiah 2:2

May we set our sights on our Savior’s promises as we walk along the faithful trail showing His kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment