Friday, September 18, 2015

Pray in the name of Jesus.

Jesus said that no one comes to the Father except through Him.
(This statement sure puts a damper on religion and philosophies that are man-made...and there are many.)
That's because worthy is the Lamb that was slain. We read about that in Revelation 5.

As I watch the changing of the season, I am comforted in knowing He who doesn't change. God is our Rock, our Fortress, our Deliverer! His name is exalted throughout the Bible. 'How excellent is thy name!' It is declared in the Psalms...and everywhere in scripture and in creation!
  
And He gave His only begotten Son ...as we know from John 3:16. Jesus died for our sins. We have access to God through Jesus. We become children of God because of our belief in Jesus. When we pray in the name of Jesus, there is authority and power. Do I have any authority and power in my own name? No! I can assure you I have none. But Jesus has authority and power because it has been given to Him. He has been given the name above every name because He was obedient unto death, even the death of the cross (Philippians 2:9).


 Here are the words of Jesus: 


John 14:13-14
And I will do whatever you ask in my name,
so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.
You may ask me anything in my name,
and I will do it.

What a glorious opportunity! I like glorious opportunities!
Hallowed be thy name! The Bible is full of His glory and honor!

I am hoping you will catch an orange leaf this fall! Ask, in the name of Jesus, step out of the way, and let God intervene on your behalf as you pray and maintain your faith.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment