Friday, July 1, 2022


PEACEFUL ROCK

I headed for a place I know,
not wanting any clock,
where my burdened ears can hear the flow,
resting well on Peaceful Rock.
 
By the brook, I’ll sit and close my eyes,
where the canopy is thick,
and contentment there I’ll realize,
as I hear the water skip.
 
I will sit for many hours there,
or at least what seems to be,
and I’ll hear the water sing His care,
of the love He has for me.
 
And my troubles will go down the way,
where the ravens tend to flock,
yet the perfect peace of God will stay,
trusting well on Peaceful Rock.

 

Come unto me, all ye that labour
and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

 

 

 

PEACEFUL ROCK

I carry you: I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry you, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

Trust involves allowing God to carry us through our life journeys. He is our Rock and our Deliverer, our very present help in times of trouble.

As I read Isaiah 46:4, here in Veery Glade, I thought how true these words ring for the pregnant woman as well. When I was pregnant years ago, I bore our unborn children, carrying them in my body, which took its toll for their gain. I remember being super sensitive to automobile exhaust fumes and not wanting to breathe them in when I was driving. God gave me an extra sharp awareness of trying to be careful with each pregnancy.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; for that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalm 139:14

A baby is a beautiful miracle!

When I was pregnant, I cried when I first heard our daughter’s heartbeat. I remember how amazing that sound was! There were two heartbeats in my body and I cried tears of joy when I heard her faster heartbeat. I knew she, and then later, our son, were precious lives inside of me, half me and half my husband. Human birth will always only be possible from the privilege God gives a man and a woman.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4

As you know, the devil works against the Living God. Satan is exceptional in his craft, as you also know. He is anti-life and against the Living Word of God, but his days are numbered. He knows he will be destroyed and this knowledge drives him to take down all life and the sanctity of it with him when he goes.
Let us remain encouraged, though. Jesus is far more powerful than Satan.

Faaarrrr more.

In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me, 
for you are my rock and my fortress.
Psalm 71: 1-3

God reminds us that He will carry us, which is good news when we struggle with hardships. He tells us He will bear. He can handle our problems and give us rest. Knowing He can carry and deliver us from our troubles helps us live. Praying holds us fast and secure on Peaceful Rock.

Maintain a practice of prayer. Our Creator God, who created the Heaven and the Earth and time itself, can carry us because He loves us. Oh how He loves you and me! Faithful communication with Him is how to live a life.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation
for those who are in Christ Jesus,
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life
set me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2

Jesus, the Son of God, bore the iniquities of the world on the cross. By faith, believers are released from the bondage of sin. Why? Because this is the way God has done it, much like the design of birth. Oh, Freedom! Sin as white as snow! Faith equals freedom. Jesus, our Rock of Salvation, has birthed freedom from sin for us and has gone to prepare a place for us.

Not so for the faithless. Non-believers end up in the sinking sand of no freedom, as you know, and slide down the slippery slope sinking to Nethergloom, bondage, and death. Pray that your faithless loved ones realize the party’s in Heaven, not Hell. Ask God to go inside their minds and rearranged their thoughts.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Proverbs 14:12

Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD. The wise man built his house upon the Rock, but the foolish man built his house upon the sand. Pray again today for loved ones to stick to the way of life.

Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? The goodness of God endureth continually.
Psalm 52:1

On Peaceful Rock, I smile that prayers prayed years ago have been answered just recently. Remain faithful in prayer as God is faithful in His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment