Saturday, July 1, 2023

PEACEFUL ROCK

I headed for a place I know,
not wanting any clock,
where my burdened ears can hear the flow,
resting well on Peaceful Rock.
 
By the brook, I’ll sit and close my eyes,
where the canopy is thick,
and contentment there I’ll realize,
as I hear the water skip.
 
I will sit for many hours there,
or at least what seems to be,
and I’ll hear the water sing His care,
of the love He has for me.
 
And my troubles will go down the way,
where the ravens tend to flock,
yet the perfect peace of God will stay,
trusting well on Peaceful Rock.

 

Come unto me, all ye that labour
and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

 

 

 

PEACEFUL ROCK

I carry you: I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry you, and will deliver you.
Isaiah 46:4

Trust involves allowing God to carry us through life’s journeys. He is our Rock and our Deliverer, our very present help in times of trouble. Rest is what Jesus Christ, God’s Anointed, gives—what He would like us to have.

As we read Isaiah 46:4 here on Peaceful Rock in Veery Glade, how true these words ring for the pregnant woman as well. She bears the unborn child, carrying the little person in her body, taking toil for his or her gain (or both if twins…or more). She is usually extra sensitive, having a sharper awareness to be careful while pregnant.

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; for that my soul knoweth right well.
Psalm 139:14

Babies are miracles! To hear the first heartbeat in a sonogram is amazing! How thrilling to hear two heartbeats in the woman’s body! A precious life grows within, the result of the mother and father’s cells. Birth will always only be possible from the privilege God gives a man and a woman. This is the Creator’s design.

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4

As you know, the devil is at work trying to mess up God’s design. He is exceptional at his craft, twisting around and causing confusion. Satan is anti-life and against the Living Word of God, which outlines and explains how his days are numbered. Wouldn’t you want to be against the authority that says your days are numbered? The evil one knows God’s Word and that there is no changing what God has said. Satan knows he will be destroyed and this knowledge drives him to take down all life and the sanctity of it with him when he goes.

In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me.
Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me, 
for you are my rock and my fortress.
Psalm 71: 1-3

Jesus will destroy the devil’s work. It is Jesus who will declare war, as written in Revelation, and, of course, win. But in the mean time, Jesus reminds us that He will carry us, which is good news. When we struggle with hardships, He tells us He will bear. Jesus can handle our problems and give us rest. Knowing our Redeemer can deliver us from our troubles if we but ask helps us live another day, feet firmly planted on Peaceful Rock.

That’s why maintaining a practice of prayer is so important. As I sit out here on Peaceful Rock jutting into the fast moving brook, I feel compelled to lift joys and concerns to God, who created the Heaven and the Earth and time itself, in Jesus’ name. Oh how He loves you and me! Faithful communication with Him is how to live each day. Acquiring the fruits of the Spirit are the attributes to live with. Like meekness.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation
for those who are in Christ Jesus,
because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life
set me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2

I’m sure you know Jesus, the Son of God, bore the iniquities of the world on the cross. By faith, believers are released from the bondage of sin. Why? Because this is the way God has done it, much like the design of birth. Sin as white as snow! Faith equals freedom. Jesus, our Rock of Salvation, has birthed freedom from sin for us and has gone to prepare a place for us.

Not so for the faithless, as I’m sure you also know. Non-believers end up in the sinking sand of no freedom and slide down the slippery slope sinking to Nethergloom, bondage, and death. Pray that faithless loved ones realize the party’s in Heaven, not Hell. Ask God to go inside their minds and rearranged their thoughts.

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Proverbs 14:12

Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD. The wise man built his house upon the Rock (and he was also probably very meek), but the foolish man built his house upon the sand (and he was probably not meek at all). Pray again today for loved ones to come to their senses and construct their lives trusting Jesus. All who call upon the Lord will be saved.

But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isaiah 11:4

On Peaceful Rock, the Spirit can solidify your being with meekness.

No comments:

Post a Comment